Re: Currently testing the latest NETINST image on my iMac G3.....

As somebody already suggested [1], have you tried using a custom xorg.conf iMac-G3-specific, like this one for example [2]?

I never used that xorg.conf, is the first one google gave me, but I know that iMac G3 required custom xorg.conf in the past.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2020/04/msg00158.html
[2] https://gist.github.com/AdrianKoshka/c6c4a7718de43f6708711c7664e70aa0

Best
A.