Re: I was surprised to see Oops: Exception in kernel

Le ven. 17 avr. 2020 à 02:30, Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> a écrit :
> I have no idea how that works.

Normally it's the default, quoting the doc: "The default is to enable
multi-threading where both the back-end and front-ends support it and
no incompatible TCG features have been enabled (e.g. icount/replay)."

> I see terrible horrific performance

You need some pretty fast host cores to get an interactively usable
emulated host. My home test system is a dual E5-2690v4...

> ppc64@styx:~$ ./ppc64le.sh

Is your host PPC64 as the username implies? I assume it's not PPC64LE
otherwise you'd run KVM rather than TCG, so PPC64BE ... I'm not sure
you can get MTTCG doing PPC64LE-on-PPC64BE... and most PPC64BE systems
are old and not particularly fast, emulating PPC64LE on them isn't
going to be fast :-(

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau