Re: iMac G3 support in Sid, Impossible?

Hallo Michel,

On 2020-04-17 12:51:31 +0200 Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

> On 2020-04-16 7:46 p.m., Alex McKeever wrote:
>> I was told that the kernel is why it doesn’t work 100%... that it needs
>> User Space Modesetting and thus needs an older kernel like 2.6, 3.13 or
>> 4.4.0-187 to work properly at all with the Rage128.
>
> The r128 drivers have never transitioned to KMS, they should still work
> as well with UMS as they ever did.

I have r64.... it needs legacy X for setuid. But works.

It is very slow in certain operations, it used to be faster (3 Years ago or so) A similar issue has the S3 card. It would be nice to improve acceleration with current X, if it is possible at all.
But first thing: it works it displays without artefacts.

> If you provide relevant information about the problem you're hitting,
> somebody might be able to help.

Perhaps it is CRT? or some specific setting he has.

Riccardo