Re: Power laptop

Hi,

Zlatan Todorić wrote:
I am wondering are people aware of the effort to create a POWER based
laptop with open schematics.

https://www.powerpc-notebook.org/campaigns/donation-campaign-for-pcb-design-of-the-powerpc-notebook-motherboard/

I think it is quite an interesting fit and we could likely help them
either via donations, or suggestions or even code/hardware design itself.

Just wanted to share to list if anyone finds it interesting, I have some
contacts with them but I am not involved in any capacity.

I do know well, being part of the team. Other members are in this mailing list too - the main reason is that currently we have choosen Debian as reference distribution and it is running on our "Dev Kit"

Thus is why we need "this" community so much, advacenments and fixes in Debian are meaningful - every work of Adrian helps us too. Fixes in MariaDB, git, svn, ssl - are important to keep things running.

Software is important, or the Laptop will not be functional. Debian is some sort of "refererence" and we need to keep it supporting PPC32 and PPC64, the same goes for GCC!

That is why help with ArcticFox is needed too.

Riccardo