Re: Installing Debian on a PowerMac G5

Yeap!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 23:07 Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> wrote:
On 4/13/20 1:43 AM, Alexandre Bencz wrote:
> I got the same problem...

Glad someone else is trying this !

I thought about it a bit and felt that the grub command line was a
symptom of bad luck and bad timing. One must hold down the "c" key on
the keyboard to get the G5 to boot from the CDROM/DVD drive. However the
letter "c" is the command to tell grub to drop to the grub command line.
So what is needed here is to simply type "normal" at the grub command
line and bingo you get the normal grub boot menu.

> So, I just used a more old image, like this one:
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-04-11/
> After install, I just added the experimental repository and did a apt
> update && apt upgrade!

So that "just works"(tm)  ??

Really ?

If I can not get this "current" thing to work then I may fall
back to an older image and start over.

Do you get grub with that older April boot iso ??

Dennis