Re: 64-bit subtract from vector unsigned int

Le mar. 7 avr. 2020 à 14:35, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> a écrit :
> Does your 32 bit powerpc have altivec?  A lot do not.  It is certainly
> not a universal feature.  As far as I remember, G4 and G5 powermacs have
> it, but nothing older.

You remember correctly, and also G5 (PowerPC 970) are 64-bits natively
and will happily run a 64 bits kernel (and even userland) in Linux
(including Debian), so this is for G4 (PowerPC 74xx) only (and G5
running OSX, or NetBSD which doesn't have a 64-bit kernel / userland
yet).

[this is for PowerMacs - some newer, embedded, 32 bits powerpc also
have AltiVec, although the one in the AmigaOne X5000 doesn't].

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau