Re: 64 bit java?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 5:37 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi Adam!
>

> That's the architecture of your kernel. If your machine is capable of running
> 64-bit code, debian-installer will install a 64-bit kernel. Your userland, i.e.
> all applications, are still 32-bit.
>
> See the output of:
>
>         $ dpkg --print-architecture
>
>> Is there a 64 bit build?
>
> You need to add ppc64 as a Multi-Arch architecture by adding the following
> line to your sources.list:
>
> deb [arch=ppc64] http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable main
> deb [arch=ppc64] http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd/ unstable main
> deb [arch=ppc64] http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main
>
> All other deb lines (not deb-src lines) need to have [arch=powerpc] added.
>
> Then install the debian-ports-archive-keyring package and run:
>
>         # dpkg --add-architecture ppc64
>
> Then:
>
>         # apt update

Ok so far so good. Here is where I run into a problem.

W: Failed to fetch
http://security.debian.org/dists/jessie/updates/InRelease  Unable to
find expected entry 'main/binary-ppc64/Packages' in Release file
(Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

W: Failed to fetch
http://ftp-nyc.osuosl.org/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease
Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-ppc64/Packages' in Release
file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

W: Failed to fetch   Unable to find expected entry
'main/binary-ppc64/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry
or malformed file)

The (In)Release files don't have listings for ppc64 packages, only
ppc64el. I found two mirrors with those listings and edited the
sources.list file. However it's still looking in the wrong place.

W: Failed to fetch
http://mirror.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease
 Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-ppc64/Packages' in Release
file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

That InRelease file has no ppc64/Packages listing but this Release
file does http://mirror.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/debian-ports/debian/dists/sid/Release

A bit confused at the moment...