Re: Xorg fails on ATI after update (mmio aperture)

Hi Cascardo,

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
Can you boot the default Debian kernel (the one with
CONFIG_IO_STRICT_DEVMEM=y) with the following boot parameter and see if
it works for you?

iomem=relaxed

If that works, you are open to some "security" issues, but no need to
build a new kernel. Maybe adding that option by default on a system with
such a card would be a nice-to-have on the Debian Installer, but that's
it.

yes, that works even when using the stock kernel and I can stop disabling the atyfb.

Very good - we have a better solution than compiling different kernels! Perhaps it could be at least be mentioned or best pre-configured in yaboot or so?

Riccardo