Re: POWER6 not seeing memory above 2Gb

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 09:07:49PM -0400, Adam Stouffer wrote:
> Hello all, I'm new to the list and just installed jessie on my IBM
> 8203-E4A box. It's a dual core 4.2Ghz with 16Gb of memory.
>
> But anyhow like the subject says the kernel is only reporting 2Gb of
> available memory. I tried appending "mem=16G" as a boot argument but
> no change.
>
> Here is the output from dmesg with kernel 3.16.0

Well I know running a 64 bit kernel on that model, does see 16GB ram.
But I was doing that with no LPAR or anything else, just Debian installed
straight onto the machine (IBM support people have a hard time
understanding that people might do that).

So either you somehow installed a 32 bit kernel, or you have an LPAR or
something else restricting your memory size.

--
Len Sorensen