Re: Shutting down my PowerBook G4 doesn't really shut down?

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 08:04:42AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:57 AM, PhiLLip Pi <ant@zimage.com> wrote:
> > I noticed every time I do a shut down from Debian PPC stable/Jessie, it
> > doesn't fully shut down. I see its screen go black and stuff. I can't
> > even wake it up with keys (can't even ctrl+alt+F1 keys), trackpad and
> > its button, and power button. Holding its power button for five seconds
> > fully shuts down (can hear its fan and other shut down), and then I can
> > power up again. It seems to get stuck in its shut down. It even happens
> > in its X login screen. :(
>
> What do you see in the system log as you shutdown ? Does it get stuck
> on something (you may want to ssh onto your laptop and tail -f the log
> file).

For some reason, now the old PB G4 shuts down. I will check if it
happens again.
--
Quote of the Week: "Have I told you how much I like ants, huh?
Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
| |o   o| |                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net/ant@zimage.com
   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.