Re: What are the fastest Mozilla's Gecko-based web browsers for PowerBook G4?

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:01:04PM -0800, PhiLLip Pi wrote:
> In my couple days old Debian Jessie/stable PowerPC on a very old 2002
> 15" Titanium PowerBook G4 with 512 MB of RAM, it came with Firefox v45.7
> ESR but it is very slow and uses too much memories.
>
> I wonder if there are faster Gecko-based web browsers. If they do exist,
> then they need to still work with my 20 MB places.sqlite file from and
> with my faster computers' (new/lat)est SeaMonkey and Firefox versions
> (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux/Debian). Same for plugins (e.g., Flash) and
> extensions (uBlock Origin).

I am quite sure there has never been and never will be a flash plugin
for powerpc (well at least not one that is worth using, so not gnash
for example).

Of course one could argue flash isn't worth using at all, but that's a
different issue.

--
Len Sorensen