Re: Xorg fails on ATI after update (mmio aperture)

On 03/07/2017 01:11 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> How can I know when an update was available? Or, better which intermediate versions are or have been available between my two kernels versions?

You search for the "linux" source package on the snapshots page:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/

Since some source versions may have failed to build from source on
powerpc, you can verify which versions of the linux package actually
built and should be available on snapshots:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=linux&arch=powerpc

> Since I saw no other 4.7 series, I can see that the breakage happened already in the 4.8 series:, somewhere between:

There are several 4.7.x package releases. How did you actually search
snapshot.debian.org? I wonder how you managed to miss them.

> I couldn't find any intermediate version to test (or later series of the 4.7.x) ,

See above.

> if there is one, please tell me. Does this however gives you already a clue?

It's some progress, but we still need to get to the place that we find
the package version which introduced the problem.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz