Re: Newbie trying to install Debian PPC into an old 15" PowerBook G4...

> > > Hmm, I must be blind. I can't seem to find any X11, XFree86, Xwhatever,
> > > etc. packages for GUI stuff. Also, is this net installer really limited
> > > compared to regular Debian installer for 64-bit non-Mac PCs? Am I
> > > expecting too much from an old PowerBook G4? :(
> > >

> > As I remember, there is software components selection during Debian net
> > install. I recomend you select lxde desktop during installation.
>
> Hmm, I don't remember debian-8.7.1-powerpc-netinst.iso's text based
> installer asking me which desktop manager or anything to download and
> install. It only installed the base stuff. I will have to try again. :(

So, I just retried. It never asks me what to install with this net
installer. After installing the base system, then I saw that
customization of additional packages. Weird. I wonder why I didn't get
those before.
  /\___/\    Phil./Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net/ant@zimage.com
   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.