Re: Xorg fails on ATI after update (mmio aperture)

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Your machine is loading the framebuffer kernel driver which will only work
when you configure X.Org to use the "fbdev" driver. You can either set your
display driver to "fbdev" (see further below) or disable the framebuffer driver
on the kernel command line with:

	video=atyfb:off

If it is not something added in the kernel update, it was most probably working before. However, a try might be worth it. How can I test it ? I know my moves in Lilo and grub, however the PPC loader is a bit harder for me.
Can I modify the parameters for just a single boot to test it?

It might be good to know if the framebuffer driver is interfering with X right now.

Riccardo