Re: Newbie trying to install Debian PPC into an old 15" PowerBook G4...

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:35:35PM -0800, PhiLLip Pi wrote:
> > Well supposedly gparted can shrink HFS/HFS+ partitions (but can't grow
> > them for some reason).
> >
> > So if you could find a livecd or something to boot from for powerpc and
> > use gparted you should be able to shrink it.
> >
> > I see finnix has a powerpc live cd which includes parted 3.2, but I
> > can't see gparted there.  It is however debian based so it might be
> > possible to apt-get install gparted after booting.
>
> I'll give https://www.finnix.org/releases/111/finnix-ppc-111.iso a shot.
> I hope that is bootable as a live disc. :)

So, I booted up a burned Finnix liveCD, but it doesn't have X so it is
all text based.  I had a hard time getting its network features working
with a physical network cable (dmesg detected its manual connection)
until I learned about its sudo dhcpclient command. Apparently, it
doesn't get the IP address automatically. :(

I ran its parted and saw http://pastebin.com/raw/JP2pqXds ... Disk
managements and command lines aren't my strong areas. GUI helps a lot in
this area. Do I use "resizepart 5" command?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
  /\___/\    Phil./Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
 / /\ /\ \                 Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
| |o   o| |                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net/ant@zimage.com
   \ _ /              If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
    ( )                                              and AQFL URL/link.