PPC64 port status

Hi all,

I am currently working (office work) on a project using PPC64 based
boards, each board is running a NXP e5500 processor. We plan to use
Debian, and thus the PPC64 port. So, I have tested the version from
debian-ports, it is almost working, but it seems that packages have been
compiled with options which are not compatible with all the PPC64 CPUs,
especially not compatible with e5500.

I have several questions :

./ First of all is it the good place to talk about PPC64 ? I have only
seen a PowerPC mailing list, thus I presume it is about all PowerPCs :)

./ Is there a defined "minimal" target for the PPC64 port ? I have
understood that VMX support is not enabled [1] (please tell me if i am
wrong). But VMX is not the only optional feature from PowerPC64
standard, and some CPUs like e5500 do not implement some optional
opcodes that are used by packages currently available from the ports
archive. So i would like to know what is the target, and if it is
possible to consider supporting the "most generic PPC64 target", just
like it is done for x86 archs ?

./ I would like to know please if there are some active work on the
PowerPC64 ports ? If so I'd like to join the effort, and help either to
port, or tests packages on e5500 boards. I would appreciate to get in
touch with the PPC64 to know what kind of help is most needed, and
figure out if I can do something (i.e. do you need acces to a porterbox,
or whatever ?)

And many more to come...

Cheers,
W.