Re: no password on G4

Le samedi 13 février 2016 15:59:11, vous avez écrit :
> On 02/13/2016 03:02 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > someone offered me a Mac G4 with Debian 7 installed. It works, but I have
> > no password, neither user nor root.
> >
> > The bootloader is yaboot.
>
> Unplug all USB devices and hubs, except the keyboard and mouse.
>
> Plug the USB memory stick directly into the machine. Restart the machine
> while holding option+command+o+f keys.

Ok, it works now, I get the Open Firmware.

> On the Open Firmware prompt type:
>
>  boot usb0/disk:,\install\yaboot

I put a Knoppix usbstick on the laptop.

Open Firmware tells me:

MAC-PARTS: LORD (noninterposed) not supportedload-size=0 adler32=1
LORD-SIZE is too small.

The other usb* will not work, for ex:
usb1 etc don't work: can' open device or file.

> if it does not work, one of these should:
>
>  boot usb1/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb2/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-1a/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-1b/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-1c/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-2a/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-2b/disk:,\install\yaboot
>  boot usb-2c/disk:,\install\yaboot
>
> On some machines usb device aliases can be different. To get hints where
> the USB device is and which alias could be the right one, type:
>
>  devalias

devalias listes devices from usb0 to usb-2c, each time with something like
/pci@f200000/usb1b, 1

> and
>
>  dev / ls

it gives me a very long list, with many entries like "ff99ffc8 /usb@1a". I
cannot see the beginning of the list, it disappears at once.

Klaus