Re: Powermac G5 - youtube video - SOLVED

Only thing is, with these solution you block out "Subtitles" option or " captions or CC . this is as far as i know only possible with flash or html5. correct me please if i am wrong

thanks

rich

Clive Menzies schrieb:

Thanks Rich

I had vlc but not browser-plugin-vlc

gecko-mediaplayer isn't in stretch but I installed it from jessie.

Still no joy on youtube videos. spinning disc in the middle of the frame as though the stream is trying to download. Same result with html5.

However, I disabled html5 according to your earlier instruction and hey presto - youtube plays :-)

/you can disable automatic playback of it by going to//
//
//in firefox//
//
//type//
//
//about:config    (in statusbar)//
//
//then click "OK"//
//
//search for "webm" (again in statusbar)//
//
//disable automatic playback webm content or so.

/Many thanks/

/Clive/
/