Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 09:35:21AM +1100, Peter Saisanas wrote:
> It probably affects everyone trying to build a BE 64bit PPC kernel,
> perhaps others as well.

Oops, I read too quickly the patch headline, the fix is not for
binutils, it is for the kernel. And it is a one liner, trivial to apply
by hand.

It's a bit late for rc3, but I expect it will be in rc4.

> I don't have a Power 8 running LE 64bit...

Neither do I. And would not run in LE anyway.

> But If anyone would like to donate one and pay my power bill, by all
> means ill give it a try :)
>
> Its a bit of a chore downgrading to binutils 2.25-5 every time I
> build a kernel.

The compilers I have installed insist on binutils >2.25.90, so I'd have
to also downgrade all the compilers. Not an option...

    Cheers,
    Gabriel