Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

Does it give you a message about the wifi driver in the boot messages?
You can review this with ~
dmesg | more

On my ppc it gives a url with instructions on how to install the wi-fi driver.
This, as well as several old posts i read all explained how to instal the (non-free) wi-fi,

hopefully someone will chime in with a 'free' solution

[forwarding e-mail here, to group,had previously sent only to user]