Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release

Hi,

Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 21:52 +0200, Jeroen Diederen a écrit :
> I tested this new yaboot in my Squeeze partition on my PowerBook G3
> Pismo. I installed it without problems and I issued a ybin -v. I
> rebooted and yaboot 1.3.16 smiled at me. I am back in my Squeeze
> partition, no problems!!

Thanks for reporting. What would be a better test is to switch to
UUID/label-based fstab by reconfiguring linux-base (dpkg-reconfigure
linux-base, and answer yes when appropriate). Then report here or
against #587290 and #580455.

>     etc # ybin -v
>     ybin: hfsutils is not installed or cannot be found
>     ybin: Try --mount if Linux 2.6.32-5-powerpc supports HFS

Strange you didn't have it already. Is this an old install upgraded to
Squeeze ?

Thanks for your detailed report again.

benjamin