Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release

Hi,

Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010 à 00:24 -0400, Rick Thomas a écrit :
> Cool!

Thanks.

> Now, how do we test it?

Well, for now I was only thinking about testing it outside the
installer…

> Can somebody from the installer group help us figure out how to get
> this code into the installer environment?  Is it as simple as putting
> the .deb on a USB stick and breaking out to the <Alt>-F2 VT at some
> point in the install and do a "dpkg -i" ?  Or is it going to be more
> complicated than that?

I wish it would be that simple. I don't really know, though.

BTW, yaboot-installer will have to be fixed regarding amiga partition
table numbering : it has been fixed upstream, and there's no need for a
workaround anymore. (well, just reading from the patch; I don't have
such a machine to test on)

Regards,
benjamin