Re: Squeeze

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@sharedcup.com> wrote:
I now have a functioning Sid installation on my PowerMac G4 (digital audio).  Thanks for the help.

As to the sound problem... it's still there.    The speakers don't work.  When I open Alsamixer in a terminal I'm still not able to unmute the Speakers by hitting m.

Until the bug is officially fixed you would have to apply the packages your self. Otherwise, keep your eye on the bug reports page for the ALSA containing package bug. When it is fixed the Debian Developer will declare it closed. Since patches are provided it should be "pretty soon"...
Tom