Re: Font Led

>> The front led of my mid 2005 iBook is showing the PATA disk activity
>> after I added the following line to /etc/sysfs.conf
>> class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger = ide-disk
>> and then restarted the /etc/init.d/sysfsutils service (from sysfsutils
>> package).
> That doesn't work
>> You can also write 'disk' directly to the (pseudo)file
>> /sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger, but it will be valid just till
>> the next reboot.
> I can't overwrite /sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger

kernel linux- on iBook mid2005

root@ibook:/sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front# cat
none [ide-disk] phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio

thus is already setted for ide-disk but i suppose that using new PATA
driver it 'd be different... we need another option.

you cannot overwrite but you can tune it.
e.g. to use the led to blink when your airport ext. receives something:

# echo phy0rx > /sys/class/leds/pmu-led\:\:front/trigger
# cat /sys/class/leds/pmu-led\:\:front/trigger
none ide-disk [phy0rx] phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio

CRUX PPC & Debian PPC user