Re: Debian PowerPc installer initramfs-tools generates malformed yaboot.conf created when alternate partitions use UUID= in fstab

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 19:00 +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:

> Le lundi 28 juin 2010 à 12:13 +0200, Michel Dänzer a écrit :
> > On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 01:21 +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:
> > >
> > > I wanted to help for a problem with the buildd but Frans Pop told us
> > > that it needed a DD to be solved,
> >
> > What problem was that and what needs to be done?

> Kind of an incomprehensible bug, as often around D-I ...

That ends with message #77, where Rick says he contacted the people with
buildd maintenance access.

> > > and I also have a patch for util-linux specific to PPC that is waiting
> > > for monthes.
> >
> > As Rogerio asked, what patch and where did you submit it? BTW, when
> > filing bug reports affecting the powerpc port I think it's a good idea
> > to tell reportbug to send the report to the debian-powerpc list as well,
> > so we can get an idea of what issues there are.
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=568204 see previous
> email to Rogério. I Cc'ed debian-ppc at the time, but I don't remember
> any comment on it.

AFAICT the bug actually isn't powerpc specific, it just happens to
mostly affect PPC machines? (I never noticed it on my PowerBook5,8)

I'm afraid  like any other bug report in need of love this needs your
perseverance most of all. E.g. have you tried submitting your patch
upstream directly?