RE: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

-----Original Message-----
From: Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 7:07 AM
To: thegame4121982@msn.com
Cc: Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com; julianhernandez@gmail.com; fabianoma@gmail.com; geoffrey.levand@am.sony.com; debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Norberto Feliberty <thegame4121982@msn.com> wrote:

Thank you very much. If you are the peeson who is making this all possible can you notify us when the changes have been committed into the netboot and the cd and dvd images so that we can test to see that the cd drive and kernel issues have been fixed. Thanks.

It is not only me.

The Debian Installer Team is doing it.

I've fixed the CD-ROM issue for next kernel update, while Frans has fixed the kernel detection, Rick, Geert and you has tested the images, adb (I don't know his name) has done a lot of tests to find what that problems before I started to work on that and also offered his ps3 to me to access to debug the segfaults and so on. So it is more a team work.

But yes, I can ping you when the image is ready for testing. No problem ;-)

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br

Thanks