Re: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

Hi,

On 02/15/2010 09:13 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Norberto is having trouble getting Debian to install on his PS3.  It's
> a bit out of my usual line, so any advice from somebody who has done
> it will be much appreciated!

I just tested the current daily-build (08-Feb-2010 00:09) from here:

  http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/powerpc/daily/powerpc64/netboot/

The installer fails on network config.

If I run 'dhclient eth0' from a console I can see the request at
the dhcp server, and dhclient reports the correct address, but
networking does not function properly.

If I run 'netcfg' from a console I get:

  netcfg: undefined symbol: _savegpr_19

I guess this is our problem.

I don't have enough knowledge of D-I to do much more.

-Geoff