Re: no keyboard during boot -> fails (in: linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc_2.6.32-5_powerpc.deb)

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 15:18:47 Benjamin Cama wrote:
> Le mercredi 10 février 2010 à 14:22 +0100, Bernhard Reiter a écrit :
> > Does no one have an idea on this one?
> > Is this supposed to work? (I think I just file a report against the
> > package then.)
>
> I did a small test here (PowerBook6,8) to see if I can have an USB
> keyboard working while still in initramfs : appended rootdelay=120 to
> the kernel command line, and hit some keys while it waits. Both the
> integrated keyboard (which is ADB on mine, I think) and my external USB
> keyboard work (at least, they display something on screen). Default
> 2.6.32 debian kernel, with default initramfs settings (so,
> modules=most).

Thanks for the test. For me there are no characters on the screen,
I guess I can try an external USB keyboard and see if this changes anything.
Also I've done  picture of the console message, they do look okay to me. Hmm.

Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998