no keyboard during boot -> fails (in: linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc_2.6.32-5_powerpc.deb)

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 20:35:51 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Lenny Powerbook 5,6 and there is no keyboard when I want to enter the
> > > passphrase for my cryptofs. So it is unusable for me.
> > >
> > > Powerbook 5,6 15" 2005 has a keyboard which is connected like a usb
> > > keyboard and it seems the usb id is not recognised by the kernel.
> >
> > I have the same issue with
> > linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc_2.6.32-5_powerpc.deb

> > I wonder if this is an initramfs-tools issue.
> my /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf has
> MODULES=most
> btw.

Does somebody run a modern kernel like with a usb keyboard maybe even
on the powerbook 5,6? What would be the modules you have?
Does this work with Sid?
Thanks,

Bernhard
Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998