Hard Crash Xserver on Powerbook (Pismo) Sid

Hey I just did an update today at the console, and
starting up the window system after, the Xserver hangs.

There is a cursor but no menu action and no out via function keys,
plus the cursor doesn't move anyway, so I had no choice other than
a hard reset restart (Clover-Option-Power keys).

I can try reconfiguring the server first (I have a very plain system here, just openbox wm with a startx manual start), and/or I can test it by ssh line in case it is just the server/ keyboard hanging.

its a PITA though so I wondered if anyone else having problems and if so what if any thing helps. My temptation is just to wait a week or two and see what happens.

Brian