Re: iMac G3's screen: colours, white balance, ...

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 17:26 +0200, Jean-Christophe Lacroix wrote:

> I have had no critical problem installing Debian on it. But I now would
> like to set my screen up so as it is light. I tried xgamma, wich seemed
> to help, but watching a movie, the problem was the same.

Watching a movie probably uses the GPU video overlay, which has its own
image controls separate from the 'normal' display. Your video player may
provide means to manipulate the overlay image controls, or you could use
something like xvattr to manipulate the XVideo attributes directly.