Re: Tool for detecting partition superblocks needed

Hi Benjamin, Hermann Kaiser. Hi All

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 12:16:17AM +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:
> Le jeudi 02 octobre 2008 à 20:17 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer a écrit :
> > Could this also be a simple file system damage?
>
> Errors like that (i.e. in the middle of a DMA interrupt) are not simple
> FS damage, I am pretty sure.

You were right: I got my machine back from repair in the meantime, and
the repair report confirmed your opinion: it said that SMART showed
several defect sectors on the disk, and that the disk had to be
replaced.

So luckily enough I'm back again now with a working fast machine, and
its new disk:

Thanks a lot, Benjamin, Hermann and everyone else having been
involved: it helped a lot.

Until then ...

Best Regards
Wolfgang