Re: Long boot delay with agpgart
- To: linux-ppc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Long boot delay with agpgart
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:58:24 +0100
- Message-id: <20080309205824.GA3373@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20080305163320.GA3961@localhost>
- References: <20080305163320.GA3961@localhost>
On Wed, Mar 05 2008, at 17:33 +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> The boot process began being stuck the moment some agpgart init
> routine started:
> Excerpt from kern.log that moment:
> [ 6.882357] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
> [ 36.732011] uninorth_agp: gave up waiting for init of module agpgart.
> [ 36.733009] uninorth_agp: Unknown symbol agp_bridge
> [ 66.734008] uninorth_agp: gave up waiting for init of module agpgart.
> [ 66.735011] uninorth_agp: Unknown symbol agp_find_bridge
> [ 96.736009] uninorth_agp: gave up waiting for init of module agpgart.
> [ 96.737010] uninorth_agp: Unknown symbol agp_device_command
With Debian package modutils not being installed I still had in
/etc/modutils/local and in /etc/modules.conf:
pre-install radeon /sbin/modprobe "-k" "agpgart"
pre-install agpgart /sbin/modprobe "-k" "uninorth_agp"
I don't know whether these lines can be confusing for the boot
routines, or whether they're read at all by the system on boot
I removed modules.conf, and commented out everything in
A first reboot after the change didn't break anything, as it seems
Sorry if it was only noise ...