Re: Suspend to RAM on iBook with 2.6.24 doesn't work

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
Jörg Sommer told:

> Hallo,
>
> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
> > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
> > Jörg Sommer told:
> >
> >> I've an iBook G4 800MHz. When suspending to RAM my iBook (with pbbuttons)
> >> the system switches to an empty console (coming from X) and stays. Noting
> >> happens. It looks like the suspend instruction doesn't work. The capslock
> >> key works, but others do not???I didn't check the numlock key. I can't
> >> switch back to the first console or X.
> >>
> >> Does anyone else can confirm this problem?
> >
> > 2.6.24-rc2-git5:
>
> I use 2.6.24-rc3 and now suspend and resume works without unloading the
> modules before suspending. But I've a very high cpu load from hardware
> interrupts.

Confirmed, Huu, up to 70 % but no fan runs at high speed?
$ cat /sys/devices/temperatures/sensor1_temperature
41

> % diff    <(cat /proc/interrupts) <(sleep 2; cat /proc/interrupts)
         -u
[...]

> BTW: Where can I report such bugs? Here:
>
> LINUX FOR POWERPC
> P:      Paul Mackerras
> M:      paulus@samba.org
> W:      http://www.penguinppc.org/
> L:      linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org
> T:      git kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc.git
> S:      Supported

Of course yes;)

Elimar

--
  Experience is something you don't get until
  just after you need it!