Strange problem with linux-image-2.6.17-2-powerpc

Hello everyone,

I have a really weird problem: I have installed a new linux kernel image, 2.6.17-2-powerpc, from Sid in my iBook, because it has Airport Extreme support (it works, BTW!).

When I boot with 2.6.17, everything is fine, including the wireless... *Except* I can't do an SSH outside of my LAN. I can SSH to 192.168.1.2 (my PC) but I can't SSH to ceibes.org (my web host) or do telnet, FTP, or SMTP to outside machines.

It looks like a configuration problem, isn't it? Perhaps the router?

Well, it isn't. Because if I boot with the previous kernel (2.6.16) the SSH works perfectly fine (as it used to), as do telnet, FTP, SMTP et al. But, of course, Airport won't work.

Does anybody have any clue as to what may be happening here? I'd appreciate any suggestion, guess and whatnot, because I am totally at a loss of ideas in this regard.

Thanks in advance,
Denís.

P.S.: Oh, and it is not a specific problem of the Debian packaging of this kernel image, because I have tried to compile a clean kernel (2.6.17.11 from kernel.org) and I get the same odd behavior.

--
# Denís Fernández Cabrera #

--
# Denís Fernández Cabrera #