Re: xkb-data: Help needed for Macintosh keyboards

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 15:50 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Salut,

Sorry for non french readers, the original mail is in french.

> en lisant tes mails sur debian-powerpc, je me suis rendu compte de quelques
> oublis. Tout d'abord, j'ai merd symbols/macintosh_vndr/fr il faut enlever
> les lignes comprises entre  Begin modifier mappings  et  End modifier
> mappings

Ok, I removed theses lines (commenting with // is ok ?)

> Pour les modifiers, j'ai besoin de savoir si  -option lv3:rwin_switch
> sur la ligne de commande de setxkbmap (aprs avoir fait la correction
> ci-dessus) rsoud tes problmes.

No, it doesnt fix the problem, I still don't have backslash, pipe etc
with the left alt/apple key.

> Il faudrait aussi que je sache quelles
> touches sont disponibles sur ton clavier pour ces modifiers, c'est--dire
> quelles sont les touches qui sont sur la ligne de la barre d'espace, avec
> leur keycode.
> Par exemple le clavier Dell UK sur lequel je tape actuellement ressemble
>        .------.------.-----.--------------.-------.------.------.
>        | Ctrl | Logo | Alt |     space    | AltGr | Menu | Ctrl |
>        `------^------^-----^--------------^-------^------^------'
> keycodes  37    115    64          65        113     117    109

There is a fn key at the far left of the keyboard which I don't coun't
because it's managed in kernel. Beside, there are:

       .------.-----.------.--------------.-------.----.
       | Ctrl | Alt | Apple |     space    | Apple | ^ |
       `------^-----^------^--------------^-------^----'
keycodes  37    64    115          65        116    108
name    Ctrl_L Alt_L Super_L     space ISO_Level3_Shift KP_Enter

I tried ISO_Level3_Shift and it acts as the Mode_Switch I had with my
previous keymap. That is, I can access |\ etc... with this key + shift.
This modifier works, and I guess it works like on pc keyboards with
Altgr key. But I don't think it should be on right apple key, because in
OSX it's the left apple key wich does this (or maybe both, but I guess
people use the left one more often, and it can be useful to have one
more modifier key)

> Afin de gagner du temps, je t'envoie ce mail en priv. Je suis au boulot
> et ne peux pas lire les mails qui sont envoys  mon adresse, mais tu
> peux envoyer ces infos supplmentaires sur la liste.

Done, and sorry for list disturbance :)

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis