Re: no function keys in 2.6.18 ?

--- Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@corsac.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 17:42 -0700, brian wrote:
> > hi, where did you get it ?
>
> from kernel.org
> >
> > what other versions are/ have you used lately ?
>
> i'm currently running 2.7.17.7 from kernel.org
> >
> > have you looked at ppckernel.org and
> ppczone/forums ?
>
> not yet, i'll see

well at ppckernel they suggest you *not* use
kernel.org, they also have "specialized" page
there for powerbook and powermac, they
have 2.6.18-rc4, i was thinking about to try
one but i was not sure...

at the other site i'll just summarize there
are some stories from a few months back of
people with building kernels and stuck at best,
at worst trashing their filesystems, which
slowed me down a bit ...

> > do you have kb w/ "fn" (shift) key or do you have
> > the plain fn keys (sometimes i have had fn key
> appear
> > stuck on for periods of time ... between updates).
or off as the case may be, sorry

> If you mean the "Fn" key at the right of Ctrl, I
> didn't check but I
> think it works. I'm speaking about F1->F10 keys on
> top of the keyboard.
on mine (older than yours) for some times i did no
have to hold down the
fn key to get F1...F10 but then i did again later.
i don't know if it is different if you run pbbuttonsd,
(i don't).

> > (what is your hardware/os anyway)
>
> Oh yes, sorry. I'm running a powerbook g4 1.5
> (powerbook 5,6), Linux
> 2.6.18-rc2 on debian sid. I've checked that it's

i guess no special filesystem types

> indeed the kernel, when
> I reboot on 2.6.17.7 everything is ok. I've changed
> some things in the
> new .config (for example disabling adb) so I'll
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> retry with a

you make your initrd with ... yaird ?