iBook and batteries

Hello List,

following the recall of 1.8 million Sony batteries from iBooks and
PowerBooks G4 (for those who don't know yet:
https://support06.apple.com/index.html) I started looking for some info on
my battery's health.

My iBook is 32 months old and around the 24th month I noticed a sudden
loss in battery performance: I thought it was related to some changes in
power management under linux (never really had the nerves to use OSX as
long as the battery life...), but (using a small .app called
"coconutBattery") I have now found out that only 69% of my battery is
still alive after *only* 167 charge cycles.
Now that's some lousy performance if you ask me, although I guess only
complete charge-discharge cycles are counted.

My question is: could you make a small "survey" on the health of your
batteries, to see if we (as linux users) have a problem with that or if we
are pretty much average?
Would it be possible to access such information from linux too? Maybe
something in /proc, who knows.

Oh, and since we're on the topic: did anybody of you experience problems
with your batteries, such as overheating, swelling and such?

Thanks for reading so far!

P.S.: Btw, isn't it sweet to get a free battery after almost three years
of usage...

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449