Re: Re: Full clone alubook ==> VGA [was Re: Plug and Play for external monitors on latest alubooks?]

Hi Benoit

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 05:33:08PM +0200, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> I've made a little howto (mostly not about my own experience) to use
> mergedfb. This is for a powerbook 5,6 (alubook 02/2005) but it should
> work for you too :
>
> ftp://ftp.archlinuxppc.org/other/misc/dualhead-powerbook56/radeon-hacked

xorg.conf on that page looks very promising .. I think I'll test that
approach this week-end .. Do you have to move the mouse beyond the
edges of any of the 2 screens to reach the whole virtual screen of
either the LCD or the Apple Cinema Display/VGA with these settings?

> Hope it will help you.

I don't know as of yet .. But I'll let you know if it helps me get the
cloning mode I want ... :)

Thanks at any rate for letting me know your page ..

Best Regards
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on