Re: Where can I find the ramdisk image for sarge for Old World Macs?

Hans,

Thanks for posting this.  Do you (or anyone else) happen to know if this will work with an OldWorld PowerBook G3 (a "Wallstreet", for example)?  I'm using BootX to boot my Linux.  Thanks for your help.

Harold

On 8/24/06, Hans Ekbrand <hans.ekbrand@sociology.gu.se> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:31:05PM -0600, jrolland@SoftHome.net wrote:
> Harold,
>
> I didn't find an initrd.img, I found an initrd.gz and an initrd.info -
> .info complains not a valid ramdisk, .gz gives me a blank screen. Could
> you double check the names off the CD?
>
> Will try .gz again, renaming to ramdisk.image.gz. In the meantime, can
> someone find the woody directory for me?

http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/images-1.44/

I rely on these as rescue disks whenever a new kernel I try doesn't
work. (I can't interact at boot time with the bootloader I'm using: quik)

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net ) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E