Plug and Play for external monitors on latest alubooks?

Hi Everyone

I was invited to a Computer club this evening. Most of those coming
there are using Windows or OSX. I'd like to show them that Linux, when
it comes to connecting devices to a computer, will do automagically
many things like Windows or OSX does -- USB Plug'n Play, e.g., *most*
of the time seems to work relatively well.

But I wonder if there's a tool that let's us connect a second monitor
or beamer to an alubook5,8 without having to rewrite xorg.conf.
Impossible, so far - correct?

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on