Re: Nubus machines wanted (was: Re: Let me know if you're looking for PowerPC parts)

On (25/08/06 00:04), Aurélien GÉRÔME wrote:
> I am not so inclined to post here, because I do not want to buy
> anything (especially old hardware), but I take the opportunity
> to state that I am looking for Nubus machines to renew the Nubus
> subarch on 2.6 kernels and to port EMILE (the Mac68k bootloader) on
> Nubus. Preferably, 2 machines: one for Laurent Vivier, the author of
> EMILE, and one for me.
>
> This is also the time for users to post here if you still use Nubus
> and want it to be brought back to life.

I had an 8100/80 running woody - my first Debian/Linux install - and
used it as a server up until a year ago.  I offered it on this list but
there were no takers so I gave it to a local school.  I could check if
they're using it if you really want it?  I'm in London but if we can
work out a way of getting it to you, you'd be welcome to it :)

I've also got two G4s (dual 450MHz) running sarge as servers; they're
rock solid and don't require much maintenance.  I've had a huge amount
of help from this list and hope that the powerpc arch continues to be
well supported but more recently have spent a lot more time playing with
amd64.  Nevertheless, if I can help in some way I will.  That said I'm a
user rather than a developer/maintainer.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...