Re: wmv3 on powerpc(and all)

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 11:17:00PM +0200, Bin Zhang scribbled this nonsense:

> On 8/15/06, You <linux_user@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> >Are there w32codecs for mplayer on PPC?   I had considered installing
> >mplayer on one of my PowerMacs, but without
> >the ability to play WMV files, it hardly seems worthwhile.
>
> No.
> With FFmpeg VC-1 codecs, we don't need w32codecs.
> See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VC-1

Thanks.  I will check it out as soon as I finish skimming through the messages in this list.

Media:  A multi-billion dollar industry that fears one unemployed man.
Blackburn Radio Incorporated:  One media empire whose fate is extinction.