booting H50

Hello,

My supplier is trying to get the H50 to boot linux before he ships it to
me.  It will boot yaboot manually using the OF command line but yaboot
can't find yaboot.conf either colocated with the yaboot executable nor
in the /etc directory on the CD where I put it in response to
suggestions I received here.

When trying to bypass yaboot and boot linux directly without parameters
it prints right after the end of the command line 'CLAIM FAILED' with no
mention of linux trying to boot.  I had hoped that the kernel would try
to load and print something then panic when it doesn't know what else to
do.  I can't find any reference to what that 'CLAIM FAILED' message is
or what is printing it.

Having read the yaboot docs to boot manually when it can't find the
yaboot.conf, I'll have him try the following all on one line from the
yaboot boot prompt, separated by spaces instead of newlines as here:

boot cdrom:,/install/powerpc/vmlinux
initrd=/install/powerpc/initrd.gz
append="devfs=mount,dall init=/linuxrc --"
initrd-size=10240
read-only

Just incase its a debian issue, I had him try the LFS disk which has
yaboot boot linux which uses no parameters and had him try booting that
image directly from OF without using yaboot and still got the 'CLAIM
FAILED' message which shows that its not coming from yaboot.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to boot?  He's going to
give up if this doesn't work and I don't want to pay to ship a computer
that won't boot.

Thanks,

Doug.

--

Here's the details on the hardware:

IBM RS/6000 7026-H50, 256 MB ram, dual PowerPC 604e 332 MHz, 9.? GB
drive in bay B2, standard CDrom drive and floppy drive, Power GXT130P
graphics accellerator, single power supply.  All checks out using the
multi-bus diagnostic cd.

Debian 3.1r2 PPC net-install CD with yaboot config altered per
instructions on this forum.