Still unable to install debian Etch on a 7046-b50 RS/6000

Hi.

I'm still fighting with my RS/6000 to get a Debian Etch on it. The problem is, at least in my case, that I'm unable to use the stock install images. I'm able to get yaboot booted, when I'm using the one (yaboot.ibm) form Open Suse Enterprise 10 beta for ppc. I even got the kernel (ELF32) from CD but using it with the initrd.gz from the CD I again run into unexpected Firmware catches. I upgraded the Firmware to the last available from 2005.

What frustrates me is that if I use the Open Suse install CD everything works fine and I'm able to install a working Open Suse Linux. But trying to install a Debian Etch just gives me only errors.
any ideas, what might be the problem that I'm unable to install Debian
Etch on my RS/6000? The other box I have around (a dual cpu system) installed without a hitch regardless that the hardware wasn't officially supported. Even as a ppc64.

  Any idea where to ask for further help?

TIA

	Torsten