Re: Clicks & pops when playing audio

> Personally, I use xmms with Blackbox on my Linux running PowerMacs, and
I don't get any clicks or pops.  Do you have both desktop environments
installed (KDE and Gnome)?   Or did you delete Gnome when you switched
to KDE?

No I didn't delete Gnome. Xmms doesn't work for me, in KDE it can't
run at all (freeze upon launching).

I'm thinking maybe it's the problem with audio driver (I use ALSA). My
kernel is 2.6.8 and I've read somewhere that you have to upgrade it
otherwise it will have some compatibility problem with iBook. The
thing is, the current sound driver will always halt after about 40
mins of audio playing, the sound just disappear abruptly, and you have
a prompt telling you something like "sound driver quitted
unexpectedly".

Lawrence