Re: dates of ppc daily builds old? WAS: request clarification on sbp2 and tg3

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:57:34PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:31:36PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I've upgraded to current unstable now and will upload all the bits as
> > soon as I can; I'm suffering from ISP routing brokenness today which
> > isn't helping, but that should be sorted out soon. If simply updating
> > d-i doesn't do it, I'll comment out the broken bits in debian-cd for the
> > time being, although that will probably break chrp and prep which would
> > not be good, so I hope I won't need to.
>
> prep is useless on 2.6.16 anyway, since the arch=ppc -> arch=powerpc fix broke
> it, so it can be done without. For the rest, the mkvmlinuz and 2.6.16 stuff i
> did last week should allow you to build not only a kernel with builtin initrd
> for 32bit chrp but also for 64bit, as some guys asked for a few month ago.

Cool. I've got a patch to do this in my tree now, although I'm having
weird ISP routing problems to various bits of the net including
svn.debian.org so committing it will have to wait until that comes back.

> Still, i don't understand why svn commit access was taken away from me, and i
> don't see any technical reason for this having happened, since i never misused
> it, and even when you took over, i did my best to help you as best i could,
> and gave you all the information i had.

Indeed; thank you for that.

As far as I know (though I have no administrative access here), it was
removed because you explicitly declared that you were no longer
interested in working on d-i:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01075.html

(though I realise that was sent during a fraught time, and don't
particularly want to get involved in the argument in question; but
still, it's basically a resignation letter)

Which all reminds me, I need to set up miboot-enabled builds RSN ...