Re: no go for me with serial console, bug 364637 - WAS: Xserver G5 usb keyboard not loaded ...

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Sven Luther wrote:

  > >   >
  > >   > What hardware do you have ? I have an XServer dual G5 (RackMac3,1), and i just
  > >   > did an installation without problem, using today's daily build.
  > >
  > > Xserve G5 dual 2GHz (RackMac3,1) cluster node, headless
  > >
  > > Does the 'Trying to im_free ...' message appear in your console log, and if
  > > so what is before and after it?
  >
  > Yep, tree times, and it doesn't seem to hurt.
  >
  > I do have a pci graphic card in the box, so i suppose what you see is more
  > probably the broken serial driver i have read about elsewhere.

That is probably it, since my box has no graphic card to get past the probes.

Do you have a reference the broken serial driver?  Is it specific
to 2.6.16-1?

Thanks
Toni

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                   harbaugh@abcc.ncifcrf.gov
System Administrator
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC)
National Cancer Institute
Contractor - SAIC/Frederick