re:re Can't see yaboot after...

you said thanks *it* worked, but
he gave you two alternatives. which was it ?

i am just asking because i am curious about
using the installer disk as a rescue CD.

i tried that but i used a gentoo live
cd -2.6 kernel- which gives one
much more like a real system.but anyway i had to
copy/resize partitions and used
gentoos parted.

i have plan to upgrade with a bigger HD
- this is on a laptop with external
firewire drive -
pretty soon ...

have to get straight how to back up that works.

would rather have a debian cd that matches better
obviously...

__________________
also i have had trouble getting the yaboot to accept
command which partition to boot:

i have been upgrade to testing/etch managed to save a
copy of my old root partition stable/sarge, but
i can't seem to boot from it (i mean only if i tell
ybin that is linix, but not from command line of
yaboot).

i could use this spare there to test my backup -
preferably - with external
firewire drive. actually i would really, really
like to be able to boot another machine off this
backup, too
in case this ever blows up, gets lost, whatever

any pointers here from the community would be
appreciate.

i don't if old buggy firmware issue. this is a
pismo but its had a lot of HW upgrade and much happier
for me than a newer powerbook.