[solved] Re: jEdit, java, powerpc..

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:16:08PM -0700, tgs154-em@yahoo.com wrote :
> None of the IBM versions seem to work for me with
> java-package from the stable release.  It sounds like
> the unstable release may work with the 32 bit version
> however.

Hi,

thank you for the hint. I installed the 32bits version, which was
accepted by java-package.

I was a bit frustrated that it did not work, until I understood that the
installation did not call:

/usr/sbin/update-alternatives --set java /usr/lib/j2re1.5-ibm/jre/bin/java

Now I have jEdit working. Thanks everybody for your answers.

--
Charles